This is Coffee With Larry for Sunday, June 11, 2023.
This is our daily podcast on all things track & field.
1. The Paris Diamond League meeting on June 9, 2023, has been the finest
meet of the year.
2. The first world record, first in the 5,000 meters for women, which was an actual real race, with Letensebet Gidey and Faith Kipyegon. Kipyegon ran 14:05.20.
3. One world best, the two-mile by Jakob Ingebrigtsen, had the Norwegian shatter the 26-year-old record of Dan Komen, who ran 2 miles in 7:54.10.
4. The final world record was the Men’s steeplechase by Lamecha Girma, who ran
5. Noah Lyles ran the most remarkable race of his career, with 100 meters that had meaning in each and every step of that one-hundred-meter run.
6. at full fitness, Gabby Thomas ran a splendid 200 meters to win the women’s furlong against a tough crowd.
7. The 20,000 French fans were rewarded in Stade Charlety with a tremendous two-hour Diamond League meeting and six hours of wonderous track & field.
8. The Paris DL showed the promise of the sport.
9. The Brooks PR Invite, to be held on June 14, 2023, and will feature some of the finest high school athletes in the land.
10. The streaming on Brooks PR Invite will be awesome.
11. The NB Outdoors will be held June 15-18, 2023, at www.nbnationals.com (sponsored).
12. The Peachtree Road race is the biggest 10k in the world and will be held on July 4, 2023. www.atlantatrackclub.org/peachtree (sponsored).
13. Brooks Running has sponsored our media content since 1990, first as American Athletics, then, in 1994, with American Track & Field, and since 2006, on RunBlogRun. Please consider Brooks for your running shoe needs.
14. Have a great day, and please read our NCAA Track & field coverage with Dave Hunter, Sam Fariss and the photos of How Lao.
15. See you tomorrow.