This is Coffee with Larry for Wednesday, August 16, 2023.
Recorded in the United terminal, Newark International Airport, Newark, New Jersey.
Coffee with Larry is our daily, well almost daily, news show on all things track and field. The opinions expressed are those of Larry Eder, so do not blame anyone else. If you would like to provide your thoughts, go to comments, or email me at email@example.com.
Our topics today!
1. The World Championships begin on Saturday, August 19, 2023.
2. NBC tv, Peacock TV, and CNBC will have exciting coverage.
3. Official WA Budapest 2023 site: https://worldathletics.org/competitions/world-athletics-championships/budapest23
The Statue of Liberty, Budapest, Hungary, photo by Getty Images
4. To follow the options to watch Budapest on TV in North America: https://www.runblogrun.com/2023/08/how-to-watch-the-2023-world-outdoor-athletics-championships-on-nbc-peacock-and-cnbc-august-19-27-2023.html
5. Zach Panning is going to Budapest! Read about his journey to Budapest! https://www.runblogrun.com/2023/08/zach-panning-from-fort-wayne-to-budapest-representing-the-us-at-the-world-championships.html
Zach Penning, photo courtesy of Brooks communications
6. Grant Holloway is defending champion, working on his third title at 110m hurdles, and he is up for the task! https://www.runblogrun.com/2023/08/zach-panning-from-fort-wayne-to-budapest-representing-the-us-at-the-world-championships.html
7. Taliyah Brooks took second in the heptathlon in Eugene and now, is off to Budapest, representing US for the first time in five years! https://www.runblogrun.com/2023/08/in-the-mixed-zone-taliyah-brooks-usatf-outdoors-july-9-2023.html
Taliyah Brooks, second heptathlon, USATF Outdoor Track and Field Championships held at Hayward Field, University of Oregon, July 6-10, 2023, photo by Kevin Morris
8. Cindy Sember, the RunBlogRun Interview! https://www.runblogrun.com/2023/08/cindy-sember-the-2023-runblogrun-interview.html
9. Nice to view Maicel Uibo, Shaunae Miller-Uibo, and their new baby traveling today while in between flights. Enjoyed interviewing them both in 2019 in Doha. I did not interrupt, as I have this thing about respecting athletes and their off time. It just made me smile.