Coffee with Larry, Oct 26, 2023, Eliud gets statue and track, DeGrasse back to Jacksonville, Laura M to run Glasgow 3000m in WC and more!
This is our agenda today:
1. Eliud KIpchoge has been with NIKE since 2003 when he was a wee lad of 18.
2. At 18, Eliud won the 5,000m in Paris at the World champs and surprised many! He went on to compete in 2005, 2007, 2009, and 2011, as well as Athens 2004 and Beijing 2008.
Nike commissioned this statue of Eliud KIpchoge for the Beaverton, Oregon, campus
3. It took him a couple of years to move up to the marathon.
4. HIs marathon wins have been formidable.
5. NIKE has commissioned a statue of Eliud on the Beaverton campus and named a track after him at NIKE HQ Europe.
6. Andre de Grasse is moving with his family and partner, Nia Ali, back to Jacksonville.
Nia Ali and Andre De Grasse, Zurich Weltklasse, photo by Welktlasse
7. He will be coached by Rana Reider, as he was in 2018-2022.
8. Laura Muir is running the 3,000m at the World Indoors next March in Scotland. Laura is a proud Scottish athlete.
Laura Muir takes 3000m at the 2019 European Indoors, photo by Getty Images for European Athletics
See you tomorrow at #CoffeewithLarry!